|A Dozen in a Single Night|
|Date||22 August 2015|
|Where posted||AO3 FK Fic Fest Collection|
What if Lacroix and Nick, fed up with the ignorance and poor manners of fledglings, decided to open a "charm school" for new vampires?
Written to the prompt: "Wildcard Request. Characters: Lacroix, Nick, Janette. What if Lacroix and Nick, fed up with the ignorance and poor manners of fledglings, decided to open a "charm school" for new vampires?"
- Timeline: Season 3, after "Fever"
- "Oh, thank you so very much! This is even better than what I had envisioned when creating the prompt! LaCroix can certainly turn every situation to his advantage, don't you think? "Ulterior motives," indeed! I would have loved to have seen LaCroix's syllabus! / The concept of Janette's charm school doubling as a blood source is brilliant. / [...] You have a gift for writing in Nick's and LaCroix's voices. And, it was refreshing to watch Nick being manipulated gently into drinking human blood. For once, LaCroix's actions seemed to lack nefarious intent. When Nick acquiesces, it gives LaCroix the opportunity to acknowledge the value of Nick's police work, almost as a quid pro quo." — excerpted from comment by dlyt on AO3
- "I was wrecking my brain why Lacroix and Nick would end up in a situation that necessitates a charm school. But once I had the time frame, it all came together." — excerpted from reply by PJ1228 on AO3
- "Utterly logical extrapolation. I love it." — excerpted from comment by greerwatson on AO3
- "Terrific story! I loved the way you did the flashbacks. The plot was awesome, and it made so much sense! Yay!" — comment by LastScorpion on AO3