|Broadcast Date||26 November 1994|
| Previous Story: Forward Into the Past
Next Story: Hunted
|“||Myra responds heatedly to the call of the wild, if you get my drift. Fishing triggers the spawning instinct in her.||”|
— Schanke, Capital Offense
Nick and Schanke apprehend a convicted murderer on the run from Texas authorities when an anonymous tip leads them to a rental car agency. Nick believes she may be innocent; but he must prove it before she is extradited and put to death for her crime.
- Lisa Langlois......Laura Garfield/Sister Marise
- Lisa LeBel-Wagner......Mother Superior
- Rebecca Bell......Sgt. Lillian
- Robert King......Danny Carruthers
- Victor Erdos......car rental clerk
- Lenore Zann......Amber
Detailed Story RecapEdit
- Lacroix: I have no taste for holiness in any of its forms. It plays havoc with my digestion.
- Natalie: So what were you saying about the death penalty? I'm not sure I heard you right.
Nick: I said I was against it.
Natalie: A vampire against the death penalty? Yeah, that's rich.
Nick: I'm coming around, aren't I? Besides, from a mortal's point of view, what makes you so sure death is a penalty?
Natalie: Oh, no, no, no. That is the kind of question that gets us into all-night debates.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The German title for this episode is "Zum Tode verurteilt" ("Sentenced to Death").
- The method of securing Laura Garfield's custody transport to the airport for extraction is very light. She is restrained only with handcuffs, while riding in the back of Nick's Cadillac that has the top down. No respectable police agency would transport a convicted murderer in this way, especially if they wanted to keep the transport a secret.