|Dying to Know You|
|Broadcast Date||9 June 1992|
| Previous Story: Dance by the Light of the Moon
Next Story: False Witness
|“||Why is it when the sky opens up, I'm always the one without an umbrella?||”|
— Stonetree, Dying to Know You
A rich man's wife and daughter are kidnapped and Nick needs to work with a psychic to find them. Problem is, she keeps seeing snippets of his past.
- Richard McMillan......Matthew
- Elizabeth Marmur......Denise Fort
- Brett Halsey......Conrad Hedges
- Pia Southam......Gennifer Hedges
- Catherine Swing......Janice Hedges
- Chandra West......reporter
- Richard Gira
- Markus Parilo
- Victor A. Young
Detailed Story RecapEdit
- "Rewatch: S1E06 "Dying to Know You" (June 9, 1992) by Tony Sheer" - discussion and analysis on Brightknightie's Dreamwidth journal, 13 March 2016
- SCHANKE: "Don't worry, sir, we'll find your family. Without the bugabuga stuff."
- SCHANKE: "Well I don't buy any of it. Psychics. And rich people with their rich kinky problems. Did you the size of that limousine? I figure the wife had a little fling with the chauffeur and the daughter did too and all three of them are mamboing in Mexico."
(Nick finds the chauffeur's body.)
NICK: "Well, if they are, they didn't take the chauffeur."
- NATALIE: Protein doesn't have to be red to be potent.
- STONETREE: Why is it when the sky opens up, I'm always the one without an umbrella?
- NATALIE: "Tell her the truth, Nick. I know what you are and it hasn't made me crazy."
NICK: "Maybe you're one of a kind, Nat."
NATALIE: "That's what I've been trying to tell you for ages."
NICK: "Of course, you might be the craziest of them all."
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The episode was originally broadcast in Germany with the title "Tödliche Blicke" ("Deadly Looks").
- Richard McMillan, who appears in this episode as Brother Matthew, also appears in the Season Two episode Can't Run, Can't Hide as the paranoid Vietnam veteran Abraham Lindley.