|Feeding the Beast|
|Broadcast Date||1 December 1992|
| Previous Story: Unreality TV
Next Story: If Looks Could Kill
|“||Did somebody tell you there's an easy cure, Nick? 'Cause they were lying.||”|
— Natalie, Feeding the Beast
While undercover at a twelve-step program Nick tries to stop drinking blood but falls off the wagon and must fight his urges to go on a murderous spree.
- Carrie-Anne Moss......Monica Howard
- Marina Anderson......Angie
- Peter Messaline......Henry
- Mar Andersons
- Julie Armstrong
- Diego Chambers......Skip
- Ian Deakin
- Hadley Obodiac......Hillary Howard
- Louis Wrightman
Detailed Story RecapEdit
One question that has been raised about this episode is: Why does Nick have a bottle of blood hidden in his chimney? From the perspective of plotting, it clearly is intended to parallel an alcoholic's stash. But did Nick, consciously or unconsciously, hide the bottle at the same time that he was openly pouring the blood out of the others, thereby simultaneously undermining the Twelve-Step program he was supposed to be following? Or was the bottle put there previously, and then forgotten until he was reminded by the hallucination of LaCroix? Fans have suggested that he hid it there to keep it from Natalie, or that he had a habit of using the fireplace to warm the bottle to blood temperature.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The German title for this episode is "Die Bestie braucht Nahrung" ("The Beast Needs Food").
- Peter Messaline, who appeared in this episode as one of the murder victims, appeared also in the Season Three episode "Sons of Belial" as the Inquisitor.