Natalie holding Sydney in Season One's "Only the Lonely".
|Family||Natalie Lambert (owner)|
Sydney is a grey cat with white markings, belonging to no particular breed. According to Natalie, he has destructive tendencies when ignored for too long—unless, of course, this is just her excuse to get away from someone she has just met.
Although the name of Natalie's cat is often written "Sidney", he was apparently named after the actor, Sydney Greenstreet. So the name should properly be spelled with two "y"s.
Fans of Sydney are known as FoSiLs (Friends of Sidney Lambert).
The following are works of fan fiction that feature Sydney among their characters.
- "The Cat Story" by Elizabeth Lawrence
- "Catecornered" by Susan M. Garrett
- "Cold Nose, Warm Heart" by Bonnie Rutledge
- "Mates" by Barb & Pat Roman
- "A Matter of Territory" by Bonnie Rutledge
- "Naptime" by Selma McCrory
- "Neither Flesh, Nor Fowl, Nor Good Red Herring" by Susan M. Garrett
- "Only the Hungry: Sidney Lambert's Lament" by Bob J Aardvark
- "Sidney" by Allison
- "A Sidney By Any Other Name"  by MeanRunt.
- "Sidney's Great Adventure" by Barb & Pat Roman
- "Strays" by Amy L. Hull
- "Sydney Kitty" by MeanRunt - how Natalie, just hired at the Coroner's Office, came to acquire a small grey kitten
- "Sydney Lambert's Final Lament" by Pam Swann
- "Sidney Meets Janette" by Dionne E. Nelson
- "Sidney's Christmas" by Dionne E. Nelson
- "Sydney's Person's Stake" by Selma McCrory
- "Sidney Vignette" by Micki Lynn McCormick
- "Sydney vs. Treezilla" by Susan M. Garrett
- "Surgeon General's Warning" by Jan Wiles
- "Yes, Natalie... There *Is* a Kitty Claws" by Bonnie Rutledge