|Broadcast Date||13 May 1995|
| Previous Story: Be My Valentine
Next Story: A More Permanent Hell
|“||Yeah, well, I figure if I can't beat this Winter Wonderland crap, I might as well learn how to love it.||”|
— Schanke, The Code
When Schanke's ex-partner Delehanty shows up, his rich, comfortable, and "warm" life in Arizona, gets to Schanke's winter-worn heart. When Schanke and Delehanty conclude that a series of deaths are the result of product tampering, Nick's hunch about the case drives a wedge between him and Schanke. When Schanke refuses to listen to Nick, he must solve the case despite Schanke and Delehanty's conclusions, and before Schanke decides Arizona might be the place to be.
- Joseph Ziegler......Patrick Delehanty
- David Nerman......Wade
- Conrad Bergschneider......Tom Duke
- Bridget Griggs......Gwen Madison
- Anna Louise Richardson......Irene
- Ron Hastings......prospector
Detailed Story RecapEdit
In the flashback, LaCroix tells Nick that Wade had poisoned him with Curare, and that it is lethal to humans but only intoxicating to vampires.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The German title for this episode is "Ein Freund fürs Leben" ("A Friend for Life").
- David Nerman, who appears in this episode as Wade, also appears in the Season Three episode "Hearts of Darkness", where he plays Todd Marnecki.
In the flashback, LaCroix tells Nick that Wade had poisoned him with Curare, however, Curare is only poisonous if it gets into the bloodstream (it was used on arrows, where it got in through the open wound), if ingested orally (as Nick had), it is non-toxic as the molecules are too big to pass through the intestinal lining.