|Broadcast Date||4 February 1995|
|Director||Nicholas J. Gray|
| Previous Story: Amateur Night
Next Story: Curiouser and Curiouser
|“||This whole experiment goes down the tubes if I spontaneously combust in the middle of Bay Street, doesn't it?||”|
— Nick, The Fix
Natalie's research leads her to believe she might be able to cure Nick, if he's willing to take the risk. While taking the wonder drug, Nick and Schanke unofficially investigate the suicide of another cop.
- Howard Jerome......Jimmy Vinetti
- David Eisner......Fred Berman
- Anne Marie Scheffler......the hot dog vendor
- Eric Bryson......Vince
- Ian D. Clark......Dr. Spense
- Kim Schraner......the pretty girl
- Paul Sandards......Brian Sykes
Detailed Story RecapEdit
(Below is a list of fan fiction that has been inspired at least in part by this episode:)
- FK408: Death Shall Be No More by Greer Watson. (Picks up on the idea that vampires have altered DNA.)
Lacroix: If this is the cure...give me the disease.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The German title for this episode is "An der Nadel" ("Hooked"). (A word-by-word translation of the phrase would be "on the needle", which is an idiomatic expression in German.)
- Although they never reverse their direction, when Nick and Schanke are walking down Yonge Street, they pass the same bright yellow discount store sign twice.
- As Natalie was checking out how the drug affected Nick's blood, she wasn't in the full sunlight, so the blood that didn't have the drug, almost started to boil and burn, so the reaction to the sunlight more then likely have a slight delayed reaction.